Let others access your account

What you need to do to allow another person access

We adhere to the Data Protection Act, which means we cannot discuss any aspect of your account with anyone else, without your permission. However, you may need to have another person who can call us on your behalf and this may be particularly useful if you are going overseas for a period of time.

You can give us permission to discuss your account details with another person in one of two ways.

Consent to Share

Consent to Share is written or verbal authorisation which allows us to provide your account information –  with the exception of your bank details – to a person you have nominated. There can be a maximum of two nominated persons on any one account.

To give us consent to share your account information with someone else, write to us providing the following:

  • Your Customer Reference Number or Loan Account Number
  • Their full name
  • Their full address and post code
  • Their date of birth
  • Their relationship to you
  • A password, which you should choose and give to them
  • A date, until which the consent to share is valid (or, specify if the date is indefinite)

When calling, your nominated person must be able to confirm all of these details before we can discuss any of your account information with them.

Our address:
Student Loans Company Limited
100 Bothwell Street
G2 7JD

Power of Attorney

Power of Attorney is an official legal document that allows you to grant attorney to a third party to release or update information relating to your account.
To grant a person Power of Attorney, you need to fill in a form giving their name, the specific period for which they can act on your behalf, and the specific tasks that they can perform.

The person holding Power of Attorney will need to confirm their details before any information is released to them.

You should contact us for further information about Power of Attorney.