Commissioning for Quality and Innovation (CQUIN)
BAAS Reference: R01290
Background to the collection
The CQUIN 2017-19 consolidated data collection is designed to gather information about six indicators as part of the Commissioning for Quality and Innovation scheme for the financial years 2017/18 and 2018/19. Details of the indicators are set out in the CQUIN Indicator Specification (see guidance section). The purpose of the data collection is to gather the data required for CCGs to assess and pay providers based on their performance, and covers the six indicators for which national data flows do not already exist:
1. Improving services for people with mental health needs who present to A&E
2. Transitions out of Children and Young People's Mental Health Services (CYPMHS)
3. Preventing Ill health by risky behaviours - alcohol and tobacco
4. Improving the assessment of wounds
5. Personalised care and support planning
6. Offering Advice and Guidance
Providers will submit data via the Strategic Data Collection System (SDCS) portal. Once logged in to SDCS providers can submit data via the downloadable excel template.
Following a provider's submission, nominated CCGs and CSUs will be able to download the submitted data, as will NHS England, via Secure Electronic File Transfer (SEFT).
The data collection is quarterly; the template clearly sets out what information is required in each submission period.
Launch and submission dates
|1 Apr 2017 - 30 Jun 2017||3 Jul 2017||17 Jul 2017|
|1 Jul 2017 - 30 Sep 2017||2 Oct 2017||31 Oct 2017|
|1 Oct 2017 - 31 Dec 2017||2 Jan 2018||31 Jan 2018|
|1 Jan 2018 - 31 Mar 2018||3 Apr 2018||30 Apr 2018|