Health Surveys Service
We have the expertise and experience of running complex health surveys for other organisations, both local and national.
- offer advice on running and commissioning surveys
- commission and manage whole surveys on your behalf
- include additional questions or demographic boosts in existing surveys
By drawing on our data expertise and surveys experience, we can provide:
- independently conducted surveys that result in trustworthy data
- high quality and timely data
- a central national capacity for health surveys - this saves resource in other local and national organisations
Costs for this service
You will need to provide funding if we manage a survey on your behalf, but we're always happy to offer advice.
How to apply
Contact us at email@example.com, or by calling our contact centre on 0845 300 6016.
Find out more about the development of our current surveys:
Guidance on producing UK level child obesity statistics. [192.6KB]
Health Survey for England Bloodbank - apply to use blood samples taken as part of the Health Survey England for research.
Sign up for quarterly updates from the Health Surveys Programme e-bulletin.
Examples of surveys that we run
National surveys funded by the Health and Social Care Information Centre include:
Large surveys that we run on behalf of other organisations include:
- Adult Dental Health Survey
- Adult Psychiatric Morbidity Survey
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders in Adults
- Children's Dental Health Survey
- Survey of Carers in Households - 2009/10 England
- The Infant Feeding Survey (covering England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland)
- What About Youth?
Other surveys that we've previously managed, but aren't currently running include:
- National Maternity Survey
- Mental Health: children, ethnic minorities, looked after children and prisoners
- Questions on general health, use of services and smoking and drinking prevalence currently included in the ONS General Lifestyles Survey