Use your personal tax account to check your records and manage your details with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

This page is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).

To sign in for the first time, you’ll need:

  • a Government Gateway account - you’ll have one if you’ve used HMRC online services before
  • a National Insurance number (a temporary reference number won’t work)

You also need to prove your identity. You can use one of the following as proof:

  • your bank account details
  • your P60
  • your 3 most recent payslips
  • your passport number and expiry date

Signing in creates your account.

Start now

Before you start

You can also sign in with GOV.UK Verify. If you haven’t used GOV.UK Verify before, it takes about 15 minutes to get set up. You can then use it to access other government services securely.

Problems signing in

If you’ve lost your Government Gateway ID or password:

What you can do

You can use your personal tax account to:

  • check your Income Tax estimate and tax code
  • fill in, send and view a personal tax return
  • claim a tax refund
  • check and manage your tax credits
  • check your State Pension
  • track tax forms that you’ve submitted online
  • check or update your Marriage Allowance
  • tell HMRC about a change of address
  • check or update benefits you get from work, for example company car details and medical insurance

More services will be added in the future.