Navigate Up
Sign In
Leaving Parliament

After The Election

Here is some guidance to help with your transition out of Parliament.

What should I do now?

Please contact us.

We would like to meet with you as soon as possible to go through what you need to do to wind up your parliamentary affairs. A member of Members' HR Advice Service will also be available to discuss HR issues about your staff.

We are holding meetings between 11 and 22 May. To ensure you are allocated a time that is convenient for you, please contact us on 07887 240 182. On the 8th May MPs will be emailed the full details on how to book a meeting with us. In the meeting we will run through everything you need to do to close down your office and it should take no more than an hour. You will also be allocated a dedicated IPSA Election Contact to guide you through the process; your contact will be available throughout the Winding-Up period, which is between 8 May and 8 July.

Key Steps of closing down your parliamentary affairs

1.       Book a meeting with IPSA

2.       Settle any outstanding payments/loans/debts with IPSA

3.       Issue notice on all contractual liabilities (equipment and leases)

4.       Make your staff redundant

5.       Submit expense claims to IPSA

6.       Receive resettlement payment


Where can I get more information before meeting with IPSA?

The links on the left give details of the tasks required. The ‘Winding Up pack’ – You can find links for this on the right – will help you begin the process.​​

  • Was this page useful?