This section contains information and tips to help you use our website.

The website has three main sections:

In At Home and Leisure, you can find information on flooding, buy a boat or rod licence, and find out what you can do to help protect the local environment. You can also access our What's in your backyard service from here.

In Business and Industry, you can register as a hazardous waste producer or waste carrier, find out about how we regulate you and apply for a variety of environmental permits.

Planning and Research contains all of our consultations, position statements, planning information, data and reports.

You can access each of these sections from the homepage.

We’re moving to the GOV.UK website

Our website is closing in April 2014. Information will be published on the GOV.UK website.

  • A - Z of our website

    Use our A - Z of information to help you find what you are looking for.

  • Accessibility

    How we make our website work for disabled users

  • Linking and logo policy

    Information about the Environment Agency's logo and hyperlinking policy.

  • Terms and conditions

    Information regarding the Environment Agency's data and your statutory rights.

  • Privacy and cookies

    This privacy policy explains how we use personal information that we may collect about you when you use this website.