Will Cavendish joined the Cabinet Office in April 2011.
Prior to this he was Director General, International Energy and Climate Change at the Department of Energy and Climate Change. Between 2008 and 2009 he was Director of Health and Wellbeing at the Department of Health.
Previously he worked extensively on reforming public services, including the following roles:
- Director of Strategy at the Department of Health
- Senior Policy Adviser in the Prime Minister’s Strategy Unit
- a Senior Adviser at Demos
- Special Adviser to the Secretary of State for Education and Skills
As an economist, Will worked for the World Bank and a number of other international agencies. He also lectured at Oxford University and Imperial College.
Executive Director, Implementation Group
The Executive Director leads the Implementation Group and is responsible for:
- implementing the Prime Minister and Deputy Prime Minister’s top policy priorities
- monitoring and improving policy implementation across the whole of government
- the Open Public Services programme, government’s parliament-long programme of public service reform
- the Red Tape Challenge, a pan-Whitehall programme to reduce and improve the stock of regulation on the statute book