Bruce Mann, who is a member of CIPFA, became the Cabinet Office’s Finance Director in December 2009.
Bruce joined the Ministry of Defence (MOD) in 1979. After early work in policy roles (especially nuclear issues), the Falklands and Gulf conflicts, a secondment to the Cabinet Office and Private Secretary to the MOD’s Permanent Secretary, he was appointed Director, Defence Policy in 1994.
Career highlights include:
- Director, European Policy at the MOD
- Director, Resources and Plans at the MOD
- Director General Financial Management at MOD
- Secretary to Lord Butler’s Review of Intelligence on Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Director of Civil Contingencies in the Cabinet Office
The finance director provides professional financial management for the department. The director also oversees all IT, buildings and facilities management for the Cabinet Office.