Jeremy Hughes gives an update on the area he has been leading as part of the Caring for our future engagement exercise.
- The engagement team have been speaking with service users, professionals and members of the public to ensure personalised services meet people needs in the future
- A Key issue that has emerged is the relationship between personal budgets in social care and personal health budgets
- How do we make sure they work together?
- Do people want two separate budgets, or would it be better if they were combined into one?
- The engagement team has learnt a lot about the availability of information
- Personal budgets can be complicated and off-putting for people if they don’t have enough support
- It’s become clear that more information needs to be more easily accessible about accessing the personal care system
- Jeremy wants to hear from people about the support they receive, and how people feel about the extension of personal budgets to people in residential care. How could this be achieved?
You can get involved in the discussion by commenting below, or on the personalisation page.