Speaking at the launch of the Developing Care Markets for Quality and Choice programme, this video shows Sarah Pickup, president of the Association of Directors of Adult Social Services making the following points:
- I’m delighted to be involved in the launch of the market development programme
- The programme offers a flexible toolkit for local authorities
- It will help in putting together market position statements
- Local authorities will use market position statements to look at the development of the market and to make sure there is a diversity of choice of providers, so that there is a range that people can use with their personal budgets and direct payments
- The range will also include preventative and enabling services
- A really important feature is that the programme is flexible, as every local authority is at a different stage and functions differently
- It will support us in delivering the aspirations set out in the Caring for our Future white paper and the legislative framework of the draft Care and Support Bill.