July 2012 | ref: 2012/15
1. This publication brings together the latest information about the Key Information Set (KIS), including HEFCE policy decisions and next steps.
2. This publication updates the information on KIS and the new Unistats site that was provided in ‘Provision of Information about higher education: outcomes of consultation and next steps’ (HEFCE 2011/18). The principles outlined in that publication have framed the work to develop the KIS and the new Unistats website. The developments in other areas covered in 2011/18 will be reported separately.
3. A Key Information Set is a set of standardised information about undergraduate courses, which enables them to be easily compared. It has been designed with the needs of prospective students in mind.
4. In September 2012 the KIS will be published on the new Unistats web-site, and will also be accessed via a small advertisement or ‘widget’ on the course web pages of universities and colleges.
5. Developments to the KIS have been made in collaboration with the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales (HEFCW), the Scottish Funding Council (SFC), the Department of Employment and Learning, Northern Ireland, Universities UK, GuildHE and the Association of Colleges (AoC). The KIS will be available across the UK and is overseen by the Higher Education Public Information Steering Group (HEPISG), chaired by Professor Janet Beer, Vice-Chancellor of Oxford Brookes University.
6. No action is required in response to this document.
|Enquiries should be directed to:|
Beth Steiner, tel 0117 931 7031, e-mail email@example.com
HESA’s Institutional Liaison, tel 01242 211144, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last updated 10 October 2012