Contact us

Contact us

For enquiries you can contact us in several different ways. Contact details are below.

If you want to contact us to make a complaint or you have a concern about any service Ofsted inspects or regulates go to the How to complain page.

If you want to contact us to report concerns about practices and procedures for the safeguarding of children and young people in local authority services go to the Whistleblower hotline page.


By email

By online form

You can send us your question or comments via our Contact form.

We aim to get back to you as quickly as possible.

By telephone

Registered providers of Early Years and Social Care settings will require their Unique Reference Number as well as their home post code and date of birth. Please ensure you have this information before calling.

If you wish to apply to be a provider of Early Years or Social Care, please follow the links below:

If you have applied, but have yet to receive your Unique Reference Number, please e-mail your enquiry to

The following helplines are open from 8.00am to 6.45pm, Monday to Friday:

general helpline 0300 123 1231                            
about education or adult skills 0300 123 4234
prefix for Typetalk 18001
for textphone/Minicom users 0161 618 8524

By post

Piccadilly Gate
Store Street
M1 2WD

Further information:

  • If you are a journalist or from the media, go to the Contacting the Press Office page.
  • Most of our publications are only available as a free download and can all be found from the Resources page. For more information about getting a printed publication or a version of one of our publications in an alternative format, such as Braille or large print, go to the Publications page.  

Annual Report 2011/12