Welcome to the March edition of the GP and Practice Team Bulletin – full of news, resources, reports and general information.
In the March issue Barbara Hakin, National Director of Commissioning Development, provides her second update focusing on what clinical commissioning means for practices and how they can prepare for the introduction of clinical commissioning groups.
You can also learn about the Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) programme, find out about the latest guidance issued by the GMC and have your say in the consultation on the UK Plan for Rare Diseases. There is also an update on the NHS Pension Scheme reforms and the latest campaigns from the Department of Health.
Click on the links to read each story:
Health and social care reforms
- Proposed final agreement on reforms to NHS Pension Scheme
- New guidance from GMC on GP concerns for patient safety
- Improving Access to Psychological Therapies
- Screening for CHT in preterm babies
- Healthy Start vitamins
- NIHR professorships announced
- Leading Improvement in Safety and Quality programme
- National lung cancer awareness campaign to launch
- There’s an app for that
- Join the fight against mental health stigma
- Act FAST on Stroke campaign
Gateway reference number: 17453
Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, guidance referred to in the bulletin has not been commissioned or endorsed by the Department of Health – it is evidence that organisations and professionals may find helpful in improving practice. The National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence is the Department’s provider of accredited evidence and guidance. This information can be found on the Institute’s website at www.nice.org.uk