Welcome to the August 2012 edition of the Allied Health Professionals Bulletin. In this packed edition we take a look at the new prescribing proposals for podiatrists and physiotherapists, meet some award winners, hear about the NHS Benchmarking Project and talk to Ian Tegerdine about his journey from podiatrist to Director of Workforce and Organisational Development at NHS Norfolk and Waveney.
Karen Middleton launches ‘Keep Talking’ – the next stage of the Big Conversation on professionalism with the aim of encouraging and continuing the debate on this important issue.
To read these stories and more, click on the links below.
AHP Bulletin – August
- Voicepiece – Karen Middleton
- Keep Talking – professionalism
- Independent prescribing proposals before Parliament
- Sector regulation consultations
- TOMs: supporting learning disability AHPs
- AHP leader profile: Ian Tegerdine
- Moving on Well resource pack
- Second award for Food First team
- Physiotherapists at the Olympics and Paralympics
- Setting the benchmark for AHP services
- Social enterprises to receive £19 million investment
- Campaign launched to improve patient hydration
- Latest evidence updates from NHS Evidence
- The NICE British National Formulary app
- Consultation on new care objectives for improving health and healthcare
- New Choose and Book training modules online
- All sport and no play?
- Parliamentary questions
- News in brief
Gateway reference number: 18080
Disclaimer: Unless otherwise stated, guidance referred to in the bulletin has not been commissioned or endorsed by the Department of Health – it is evidence that organisations and professionals may find helpful in improving practice. The National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence is the Department’s provider of accredited evidence and guidance, which can be found on the Institute’s website.