Reform the system of social care to provide more control to individuals and their carers, easing the cost burden that they and their families face:
- publish a White Paper with full proposals for reform of care and support setting the strategic policy framework, and a progress report on funding reform
- prepare primary legislation to achieve reforms set out in the Care and Support White Paper as part of a draft Care and Support Bill (which will also include provisions for fully establishing Health Education England and the Health Research Authority)
- consult on new arrangements for market oversight in the care sector
- implement the carers strategy
- implement the National Dementia Strategy, including further steps on awareness, early diagnosis and research as set out by the Prime Minister in March 2012 and research as set out by the Prime Minister in 2012
- implement the Government’s mental health strategy.