Drugs licensing

Companies and individuals in England, Wales or Scotland need to apply for Home Office licences if they wish to produce, supply, possess, import or export controlled drugs.

Latest on this topic

Licensing replacement programme update

Licence holders should be aware that the final phase of the licence replacement project has now launched. The project phases ran for the following dates:

COMMUNICATIONS:                     01 January 2012 - 31 March 2012
PHASE 1 (2007 licences):             02 April 2012 - 30 June 2012
PHASE 2 (2008 licences):             31 July 2012 - 31 October 2012
PHASE 3 (2009 licences):             01 November 2012 - 31 January 2013 
PHASE 4 (2010 licences):             01 December 2012 - 28 February 2013

If you hold an open ended licence issued between 2007-2010, time is running out to have it replaced with a new, time limited replacement. If you hold an open ended licence and have not yet applied for replacement, you should do so as soon as possible or email us at LicenceReplacementProgramme@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk to discuss making an application. Failure to renew could result in you being treated as a new applicant if you subsequently apply for a licence, or even put you at risk of trading unlawfully if you continue to handle controlled drugs.

Please check our FAQs and visit controlled drug domestic licences and precursor chemical domestic licensing for further information.
Published 14 December 2012

New payment line phone number

From 6 August 2012 licensees who wish to pay for their licence fees by card will need to call the SSC payment line on the new number: 0845 010 0125. More fees information is on the drug licensing fees page.
Published 19 July 2012

Share |