Terms of reference
The purpose of the Reference Costs Advisory Group (RCAG) is to provide technical and practical advice on proposed changes / improvements to the annual reference costs collection guidance.
The group will focus on:
- establishing an agreed process for introducing any changes to the existing guidance.
- improving areas of the guidance identified as requiring further consideration and/or re-work.
- introducing greater consistency to the guidance by reducing the perceived ambiguities.
- advising how the collection process could be improved including producing supplementary guidance on best practice and key validation requirements that will help improve the quality of submissions
- to provide reports to the PbR Programme Board on issues considered and advice given
Underpinning principles of group:
- The group will ensure that local or specific interests are not represented at the expense of providing objective and balanced advice.
News and publications
- Carolyn Wood (Chair), North West SHA
- Ivy Wong, NHS Commissioning Board
- George Batchelor, Monitor
- Alex Bartholomew, Monitor
- Bryn Shorney, Programme Budgeting
- Dave Allen, Information Centre
- Paula Monteith, Information Centre
- Cath Chilcott, NHS Connecting for Health
- Howard Davis, Capita Health
- Karen King, Burton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Lee Webb, Derby Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- David Cooper, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Simon Gregory, South Tees Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Deborah Farrel, South Tees Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Laurence Murphy, Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation Trust
- Jason Dean, Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation Trust
- Sheelagh Carr, Greater Manchester West Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Nicola Hollins, Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Sarah Green, Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Trust
- Sandip Kandola, Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Trust
- David Almond, North Lancashire PCT /Blackpool Teaching Hospitals Foundation Trust
- Stuart Burney, North Tees & Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust
- Sharon Ainley, Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust
- Andrew Belcher, Leeds Teaching Hospitals