The Quality Information Committee supports the work of the National Quality Board.
Terms of reference
The National Quality Board’s Quality Information Committee has been established to advise the Department of Health (on behalf of the National Quality Board) on:
- strategic priorities for work in quality information, identifying gaps and improvement opportunities
- issues of quality information where national-level action is required, helping to align activity already underway by relevant organisations
- implementation of the Government’s Information Strategy, and alignment of quality duties in the light of forthcoming changes to the NHS
This includes roles in:
- supporting the creation of and quality assurance for the information market
- strengthening data quality
- providing oversight to the work going on in quality indicator development, and act as an indicator ‘gate-keeper’, providing support and advice to the NHS Information Centre on the implementation of the indicator pipeline
Read the Quality Information Committee minutes.
Advice and recommendations
The Quality Information Committee’s recommendations for taking forward the fundamental review of data returns and response from the Secretary of State.
- Professor David Haslam (Chair), expert member of the NQB
- Sally Brearley, lay member of the NQB
- Margaret Goose, lay member of the NQB
- Professor Sir Bruce Keogh, NHS Medical Director, Department of Health
- John Carvel, formerly Social Affairs Editor of The Guardian
- Dr Andrew Vallance-Owen, Group Medical Director at Bupa
- Samantha Riley, Head of the Quality Observatory, NHS South East Coast
- Julian Flowers, Director at Eastern Region Public Health Observatory
- Professor Martin Severs, Chair of the NHS Information Standards Board
- Dr Andrew Jones, Group Medical Director, Nuffield Health.
- National Patient Safety Agency – Sarndrah Horsfall, Chief Operating Officer
- Monitor – Toby Lambert, Policy Director
- NHS Information Centre – Tim Straughan, Chief Executive of the Health and Social Care Information Centre
- Dr Mark Davies, Executive Medical Director at the NHS Information Centre
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence – Fergus Macbeth, Director, Centre for Clinical Practice.
Secretariat: Neil McCrirrick and Hayley Miller. Email address: email@example.com