The role of the DH, Social Care and Public Health Transition Board is to oversee the design and delivery of each of the DH, Public Health and Local Government component programmes as part of the wider DH transition programmes.
DH, Social Care and Public Health Transition Board responsibilities include:
- Ensuring future structure designs, policies and decisions are aligned to the future DH, Public Health and social care system needs, and agreed as necessary by the right decision makers
- Ensuring each programme is making good progress to the overall integrated programme and implementation plan, and dependencies between programmes and across the wider Transition programme are identified, tracked and managed
- Ensuring risks to progress, costs and benefits are being managed effectively
- Escalating risks, issues to the DH Executive Board as necessary
- Formally reporting status and progress to plan to the DH Executive Board every month.
- Providing updates and necessary information into the NHS and cross cutting functions programmes as appropriate.
DH, Social Care and Public Health Transition Board members
- Permanent Secretary of the Department of Health – Chair of DH, Social Care and Public Health Transition Board
- Director General – Policy, Strategy & Finance Directorate and SRO for Transition Programme
- Chief Medical Officer, Director General – Research and Development and SRO for PH system and PHE
- Director General – Social Care, Local Government and Care Partnerships Directorate and SRO for Local Government and SRO for Social Care
- Director General – Transition for the Department of Health and SRO for DH Transformation and Shared Services
- SRO – Health Research Authority
- Managing Director – NHS Commissioning Board Authority
- Managing Director – NHS and Social Care Workforce
- Director, Transition Programme and SRO for ALB Transition
- Director of Financial Planning & Allocations and SRO for Governance and Accountabilities
- Non-Executive Member of the DH, Social Care and Public Health Board
- DG for Public Health
Frequency of meetings
The DH, Social Care and Public Health Transition Board meets monthly.
Summaries of meetings
Summaries of meetings are usually made available within three months of each meeting. These documents summarise proceedings from the scheduled meetings of the DH, Social Care and Public Health Transition Board.