The Department of Health Management Committee provides corporate leadership for the Department and supports the Executive Board. It replaced the Corporate Management Board in January 2011.
It is responsible for:
- providing the corporate leadership for the Department to ensure a successful transition
- promoting the corporate culture and values within the Department
- ensuring the systems of governance operate correctly and managing DH risks, including escalating significant risks to the Executive Board and/or Departmental Board as appropriate
- prioritising the Department’s resources to meet the Department’s objectives, and continuously improving the Department’s capability
- setting the corporate management, development and reward policies for the Department’s staff
Department of Health Management Committee Members
- Una O’Brien CB, Permanent Secretary at the Department of Health, who also chairs the committee.
- Dame Christine Beasley CBE Chief Nursing Officer and the Department of Health’s lead for nurses, midwives and Allied Health Professionals
- Shaun Gallagher Director General of Social Care, Local Government and Care Partnerships
- Professor Dame Sally Davies Chief Medical Officer and the UK Government’s principal medical adviser, and Director General of Research and Development
- Richard Douglas CB Director General of Policy, Strategy and Finance
- David Flory CBE the Department’s Deputy NHS Chief Executive and Director General of NHS Finance, Performance and Operations
- Flora Goldhill CBE acting Director General for Corporate Development and Transition for the Department of Health
- Professor David R Harper CBE is the Director General of Health Improvement and Protection and is the Department’s Chief Scientist
- Professor Sir Bruce Keogh CBE NHS Medical Director
- Ian Dalton CBE Managing Director of Provider Development
- Dame Barbara Hakin OBE National Managing Director of Commissioning Development
- Karen Wheeler Director of Transition Programme
- DH Head of Internal Communications
Professor Dame Sally Davies, the Chief Medical Officer, and Sir David Nicholson KCB, CBE, Chief Executive of the NHS, are also invited to attend and do so regularly.
Frequency of meetings
The Management Committee meets monthly.
Summaries of meetings
These DH Management Committee meeting summaries are usually published within three months of the meetings.