The National Inclusion Health Board overseas the Inclusion Health programme. The Board consists of senior leaders, chaired by Professor Steve Field, Chairman of the NHS Future Forum.
Anna Soubry MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, is the lead minister for the Inclusion Health programme and the National Inclusion Health Board.
Terms of reference
The National Inclusion Health Board’s responsibilities are to:
- provide cross-sector and interdisciplinary leadership and ownership of the Inclusion Health agenda nationally
- champion the needs of vulnerable groups and promote the principles of the Inclusion Health approach
- provide direction, oversight and decision making for the delivery of the Inclusion Health programme
- provide evidence-based challenge across health and social care
- work in partnership with Government to develop and drive innovative solutions
The National Inclusion Health Board meetings are held quarterly.
- Professor Steve Field (Chair) Chairman, NHS Future Forum Chairman & General Practitioner at Bellevue Medical Centre in Birmingham
- Jim Easton (National Director of Improvement and Transformation NHS Commissioning Board special health authority)
- Michael Marmot (Director, International Institute for Society and Health and MRC Research Professor in Epidemiology at University College London)
- Cllr David Rogers (Local Government Group)
- Charles Fraser (CEO St Mungo’s)
- Professor Lindsey Davies President of Faculty of Public Health
- Sandie Keene (Vice President Association of Directors of Adult Social Services)
- Duncan Selbie (Chief Executive Designate of Public Health England)