Personal applications

Each person who undertakes work under the Act must hold a personal licence which lists the techniques and species they may use and the establishment(s) at which they may work.

Completing the forms

Applicants are strongly advised to read the personal licence application guidance notes before starting to complete the application forms.

Personal licence applications

Download the form to apply for personal licences

Where to send completed application forms

Completed application forms should be sent via the applicant's Certificate Holder to the local office. Correspondence should be addressed to the Home Office and not a named official.

London - Home Office, Animals in science regulation unit, Mail point 21B, 4th floor Seacole Building, 2 Marsham Street, London SW1P 4DF

Dundee - Home Office, PO Box 6779, Dundee DD1 9WW

Shrewsbury - Home Office, PO Box 31, Shrewsbury SY3 7WN

Swindon - Home Office, PO Box 1138, Swindon SN1 2RZ  

Archived websites

If you are looking for information held on the Animals Scientific Procedures website prior to 7 May 2010, you can now find it on the Animals Scientific Procedures website kept by The National Archives. Information includes: 

  • Training
  • Regulation
  • Abstracts
  • Publications
Share |