We work to support visible, responsive and accountable policing by empowering the public and freeing up the police to fight crime.
Latest on this topic
New Hillsborough disaster investigation announced
A new police investigation into the Hillsborough Disaster has been announced by the Home Secretary.
Published 19 December 2012
Police Minister visits Manchester
Damian Green sees chief constable and newly elected police and crime commissioner sign a public contract.
Published 14 December 2012
Lord Ferrers Awards 2013
These awards highlight the vital role volunteers play in support of policing.
Published 10 December 2012
First anniversary of government's missing people strategy
Home Office minister Jeremy Browne visits charity Missing People to hear first hand about their work.
Published 5 December 2012
National DNA Database
Find out about the governance and oversight of one of the most effective tools for the prevention and detection of crime.
Published 30 November 2012
(Links will open in a new window)
- Advice for the public: UK riots - Directgov
- Policing large scale disorder: lessons from the disturbances of August 2011
- Archived 'Police' website
- The police - Directgov
- Complaining about the police - Directgov
- Independent Police Complaints Commission
- Firearms licensing guidance on the National Archives website
We are not responsible for the content of external websites.