- Apps: Don't visit your GP, use your mobile phone for a check-up instead... | Mail Online
- BBC News - GPs 'to prescribe health apps'
- Full of health and appyness
- Doctors told to prescribe smartphone apps to patients - Telegraph
- DH highlights health apps
- GPs are to "prescribe" smartphone apps to patients to help them manage their own health.
- NHS invites software developers to create healthcare apps - 8/22/2011 - Computer Weekly
- NHS to crowdsource the next wave of healthcare apps (Wired UK)
Tagged: patient record
Julie Meyer, Chief Executive of Ariadne Capital and online dragon for the BBC, talks about two of her favourite entries to Maps and Apps: Patients Know Best and Rally Round. Julie highlights the benefits for patients of being able to … – Julie Meyer talks about Patients Know Best
Published: 3 February, 2012
Technology website Mashable has provided this useful summary of five iPad apps currently in use by doctors, patients and medical students in the US. They include apps about interactive anatomy, electronic medical health records and radiology. >> Read the full … – Five useful iPad apps from the US
Published: 18 January, 2012
A new app helps clinicians estimate burn area percentages on patients, the necessary quantity of fluid and records patients’ details. The app works on Apple products like the iPad and was developed by the Mersey Plastic Surgery Unit, led by Rowan … – App to help treatment of burns victims is official medical device
Published: 12 January, 2012
Following some feedback on this blog, I am going to try to summarise some of the entries in five simple statements, under five headings, each written as a tweet. Let me know what you think. Impact on outcomes: Access to … – Profiling Maps and Apps entries in five tweets
Published: 18 September, 2011
Reading through more ideas, I see that frontline clinicians and service users are making very similar suggestions about similar problems, reflecting their day to day reality in their work/life that they would like to see a solution for. For example, … – Apps for GPs and apps for patients: two sides of the same coin?
Published: 1 September, 2011