The department has published its digital strategy, setting out its ambition to become a Digital First department of state, with digital tools and techniques embedded throughout its work.
The strategy responds to the Government Digital Strategy published on 6 November, which set out 14 specific actions for government.
All government departments are publishing departmental digital strategies in December 2012.
The Department of Health strategy includes specific commitments to:
- improve the development and impact of its open policymaking
- increase the effectiveness of its communications to, and engagement with, audiences and stakeholders
- develop the digital skills it needs across the organisation
- improve its day-to-day efficiency
- steward the health and care system towards a health information revolution
Download a printable version of the Digital strategy Leading the culture change in health and care