Contact the VOA

VOA's English Telephone Switchboard

We are currently reviewing and updating our Telephony system to provide an improved service to our customers in the future.

While this work is underway we have had to implement a call-back process for customers calling our English switchboard number 03000 501501. Callers can expect their call to be answered within 30 seconds and if you need to speak to someone in one of our local valuation teams, we will normally call you back within 24 hours.

Of course you can still get hold of us more immediately and easily by simply sending an email directly to your local office, who will be able to help you with your query.

You can find your local office email address below, however, please be aware that the telephone number displayed is subject to the same call-back process.

The Valuation Office Agency (VOA) is an executive agency of HM Revenue & Customs. Most, though certainly not all, of the work we do involves compiling and maintaining the rating and council tax lists for England and Wales.

If your enquiry relates to any other HMRC services, or you are looking for your local HMRC tax office, please use the search on

Contact us by phone

For England

Telephone: 03000 501501

For Wales

Telephone: 03000 505505

Find your local office

Please click on the links below for contact details of our offices in your area, or choose from the drop down box below.

Council Tax and Business Rates enquiries relating to Scotland are dealt with by the Scottish Assessors.

Or find us by local council

Network Support Office – Housing Allowance

Fair Rent and Housing Benefit

For all Housing Benefit and Fair Rent enquiries:

Telephone: 08450 264696
Fax: 03000 501506

Or write to us at:

VOA Rent Officers
Network Support Office
Wycliffe House
Green Lane
County Durham

About the Contact Centre

Commercial Services

For information on the services of DVS, the commercial property services arm of the Valuation Office please see our dedicated DVS contacts page.


Central Functions

Making a complaint

If you have any concerns regarding the way we have dealt with your affairs, please contact the person you have been dealing with to try and resolve them. We know most of these initial concerns can be resolved this way without the need to make complaint.

If you do wish to complain, our standards and guidance on how to do this are set out in our
'Code of Practice on Complaints' (PDF 658Kb) leaflet.