Website of the UK government

Please note that this website has a UK government accesskeys system.

Public services all in one place

Main menu

Friday, 5 October 2012

Find schools and Sure Start Children's Centres

Find out about primary and secondary schools, and Sure Start Children's Centres near you. You can also access Ofsted reports and get information on school performance.

How to use this service

Use the links below and type in the name of the service, a town name, a local authority (LA) or a full or partial postcode. The name of each school or children's centre is a link which will take you to further information.

Closure of the childcare and family services search facility

The search facility for childcare and family services closed on 31 March 2011. Please contact your local authority for details about childcare and family services in your area.


The schools finder can be used to:

  • find primary and secondary schools
  • find Office for Standards in Education (Ofsted) reports
  • find achievement and attainment tables
  • find school profiles
  • find contact details and maps
  • find details of extended services

Schools information is provided by the schools themselves, Ofsted and LAs.

Sure Start Children's Centres

The children's centre finder can be used to find contact details and location maps of Sure Start Children's Centres.

Information about children's centres is provided by the centres themselves and by LAs.

Additional links

Simpler, Clearer, Faster

Try GOV.UK now

From 17 October, GOV.UK will be the best place to find government services and information

Claim Jobseeker's Allowance online

Benefits advice online

Get benefits advice by using this online tool to answer questions about your situation

Access keys