The Home Office is responsible for keeping the UK safe from the threat posed by terrorism.
Latest on this topic
Home Secretary statement on Olympic security
Theresa May has made a statement in the House of Commons on Olympic security.
Published 12 July 2012
Report suspicious activity
If you know of a threat to national security or you want to report suspicious activity you can:
- call the police counter-terrorism hotline on 0800 789 321
- contact the Security Service (MI5) directly
You can also report extremist and terrorist website content on the Directgov website.
You can remain anonymous, and you may save lives. In an emergency you should always call 999.
(Links will open in a new window)
- Archived Office for security and counter-terrorism website
- Cabinet Office: Cybersecurity strategy
- Centre for the Protection of the National Infrastructure
- Preparing for emergencies
- Report extreme and terrorist website content
- The Security Service (MI5)
We are not responsible for the content of external websites.