The NHS Operations Executive is responsible for:
- providing an oversight and assurance on the day-to-day operational delivery of the NHS against a backdrop of reform,
- leading on responding to urgent or emergency events,
- leading on the planning for the NHS Operating Framework for 2012/13,
- leading on delivery of QIPP,
- taking a collective view of risk across the NHS and ensure action is taken to mitigate risks,
The NHS Operations Executive meets on a monthly basis and is chaired by David Flory CBE the Department’s Deputy NHS Chief Executive and Director General of NHS Finance, Performance and Operations.
The NHS Operations Executive is a formal sub-committee of the NHS Transitional Executive Forum.