Department of Health Skip to content

Please note that this website has a UK government access keys system.

Overseas treatment for NHS patients

UK patients may go abroad for treatment within the European Union (EU) if a commissioning body commissions care abroad, or if a patient asks to go abroad for care.

Additional links

Access keys