If you are a member of the public please call 020 7210 4850.
Central newsdesk – 020 7210 5221
Open Monday to Friday 8am to 7pm for all media enquiries on breaking news stories, planned announcements and media interview requests.
To speak to a press officer outside of these hours please call 07050 073 581.
Head of news
- Tim Jones – 020 7210 5197
Deputy heads of news
- Elisabeth Vanderstock – 020 7210 5821
- Kate Thomas – 020 7210 5703
- Chief Press Officer, Kirsty Gelsthorpe – 020 7210 5221
- Senior Press Officer, Shumon Rahman – 020 7210 5221
- Press Officer, Julia Harris – 020 7210 5221
- Press Officer, Dominic Benson - 020 7210 5221
- Press Officer, Ros Selby – 020 7210 5221
- Press Officer, Claire Hallam – 020 7210 5221
- Chief Press Officer, Juliette Marshall – 020 7210 5477
Lord Howe’s team
Covering NHS Constitution; NHS Commissioning Reform including NHS Board, Improving Health Outcomes, HealthWatch, Quipp, Quality Framework and Specialised Commissioning; Primary Care including GP Contract, Out of Hours, Dentistry and Optical Services; Medicines, Pharmacy and Industry including work with the MHRA and NICE; R&D; Innovation; Finance including DEL & spending review and PCT allocations; Arm’s Length Bodies.
- Press Officer, Peter Donelan – 020 7210 5738
- Press Officer, Alasdair Gee – 020 7210 5224
Simon Burns’ team
Covering NHS Financial, performance and capital funding; Health service including community services, acute services, emergency & urgent care, cardiac, stroke & renal; reconfiguration; veterans’ health; patient safety including HCAIs and work with NPSA; Patient experience; NHS Litigation; Quality regulation including work with CQC; Economic regulation including work with Monitor; NHS Workforce including pay & pensions; NHS Estates including mixed sex accommodation; Counter Fraud & Security Management; Injury Cost Recovery Scheme; NHS Income Generation & NHS Appointments; Hospital Travel Costs; Procurement including ISTCs.
- Senior Press Officer, Niken Wresniwiro – 020 7210 5947
- Press Officer, Adam Joyce – 020 7210 4939
- Press Officer, Matthew Holmes - 020 7210 5282
NHS Modernisation team
Lead on NHS modernisation, including the Health and Social Bill.
- Chief Press Officer, Omar Qirem – 020 7210 4990
- Senior Press Officer, 020 7210 5010
- Press Officer, Alex MacDonald – 020 7210 5281
- Press Officer, Catherine Breslin – 020 7210 5239
Public health and social care team
- Chief Press Officer, Judith Moore - 020 7210
Anne Milton and the Chief Medical Officer’s team
Covering public health including health improvement & protection, health inequalities, communicable diseases; Emergency preparedness; Vaccination and immunisation; Blood & transplants; Pathology; Ethics; Fertility & embryology; Sexual health; Genetics & biotechnology; Fluoridation; Tobacco, drugs & alcohol; Food including diet & nutrition; Complementary and alternative medicines; International & EU matters; Asylum seekers’ health; Children’s health; Maternity Services; Nursing & Midwifery; Health visiting; Professional Regulation; Medical Education & Training.
- Press Officer, Eleanor Bunch - 020 7210 5238
- Press Officer, Joanna Humphrey – 020 7210 5435
- Media Officer, Chelsea Austin - 020 7210 5317
Paul Burstow’s team
Covering long-term care reform; Adult social care; Social care finance, workforce, professional regulation & inspection; Personal health budgets; Continuing care & carers; Safeguarding vulnerable adults; Care for the elderly; Malnutrition; End of life care; Long-term conditions including cancer and diabetes; Audiology; Dementia; Mental health including CAMHS; Physical disabilities; Autism & learning disabilities; Third Sector.
- Senior Press Officer, James Hotson – 020 7210 5375
- Press Officer, Bobbie Lakhera – 020 7210 4982
- Press Officer, Thomas Skinner – 020 7210 5447
Strategy, consumer and regional team
Covering stories of all aspects of health policy focussed on the consumer and regional media. Also covers strategic planning including scheduling Department of Health announcements.
- Chief Press Officer, Rachel Carr – 020 7210 5504
- Chief Press Officer, Sophie Coppel – 020 7210 5231
- Senior Planning Officer, Emily Brown – 020 7210 5290
- Planning Officer, Glenn Covacic – 020 7210 4984
- Senior Press Officer, Katharina MacDowall – 020 7210 5724
Responsible for promoting the provision of more information for patients to enable greater control over their healthcare, through the use of modern technology and services like NHS Choices. Also managing the media for NHS IT which supports healthcare professionals and patients in delivering healthcare, including telehealth and telecare technology. Includes the National Information Governance Board which advises on confidentiality and information security issues.
- Head of Media Relations, Eileen Phillips – 020 7969 5924
- Chief Press Officer, Briony Bowen – 020 7004 1507
- Senior Press Officer, Deepa Shah – 020 7004 1503
For Freedom of Information requests please use our FOI contact form.