Read biographies of our ministers, including the Home Secretary Theresa May.
Theresa May is the Home Secretary and minister for women and equality. She has overall responsibility for all Home Office business inlcuding security and terrorism, the legislative programme and expenditure issues.
Working alongside the Home Secretary are five ministers:
- Damian Green is the minister of state for immigration
- Lord Henley is the minister of state for crime prevention and antisocial behaviour reduction and sits in the House of Lords.
- Nick Herbert is the minister of state for policing and criminal justice (joint with the Ministry of Justice)
- Lynne Featherstone is the parliamentary under secretary of state for equalities and criminal information
- James Brokenshire is parliamentary under secretary of state responsible for crime and security.
Find out about the ministers by reading their biographical details below.