Home Office science group is part of the Home Office that brings together the department’s scientists, researchers and analysts.
We work to:
- ensure a sound evidence base informs policy development
- enable the front line to deliver
- regulate as required
- ensure both the threats and opportunities of emerging developments are understood
Who we are
We include specialists from across the whole range of scientific disciplines:
- physical scientists and engineers
- social and operational researchers
- veterinary, medical and biological scientists
We are led by the chief scientific adviser, Professor Bernard Silverman. He is supported by the director for social science and the director of science, engineering and technology.