The Government IT Profession is the professional group for those working in IT in the public sector. The Head of Profession is John Suffolk, HM Government Chief Information Officer (CIO). There is a team, working in the Cabinet Office, driving the work of the Government IT Profession whose aim is to drive the development of a more professional government IT workforce.
Who can join the Government IT Profession?
If you work in IT in the public sector, be it in a technical role, IT project management, service/stakeholder management or IT procurement, and your role requires the use of one or more of the skills on our competency and skills frameworks you can register as a member of the Government IT Profession.
What’s in it for me?
We have recently launched a new online community space for government IT professionals.
If you working in IT in the public sector you are able to register online to access a range of tools and services to help you do your job and develop your career, including:
- an online directory of members, or people finder;
- the opportunity to join and develop lively networks built around competency groups and specialist areas;
- a central place to advertise and find public sector IT jobs;
- a training directory and events calendar to ensure you are up to date on the latest development opportunities; and
- a knowledge bank, a tool to allow and enable collaboration and sharing of knowledge.
To register now visit www.civilservice.gov.uk/it