You are in: Home » Home Page
Welcome to the Chemicals Regulation Directorate Website
Website by Topic
CRD is also the Competent Authority in the UK for detergents: Detergents home page
8 July 2010: We have created a RSS news feed which allows you to stay up to date with the latest news from CRD. Please follow the link for further information.
Latest Regulatory and Information Updates
- One Day Conference on Zonal Applications: State of the Art Guidance on the Process and Submissions
30 June 2011: CRD will be hosting a one-day conference on making zonal applications under Regulation (EC) 1107/2009 at the National Science Learning Centre at the University of York on Thursday 17 November, 2011. The event will provide an update of the latest developments including presentations on planning and submitting applications using the draft registration report format (dRR).
- Workshop on The Chemistry Data Requirements for Biocides Regulated Under Directive 98/8/EC - 13th October 2011
28 June 2011: CRD will be holding a one-day workshop which will provide an introduction and detailed presentation on the key areas of the chemistry risk assessment for biocides regulated under Directive 98/8/EC. The workshop will be held at our site in Redgrave Court, Bootle on Thursday 13 October, 2011.
- Human Health Enquiry & Incident Survey (HHEIS) & Resistance Reporting 2010
21 June 2011: This Regulatory Update requires Approval Holders of all products approved for sale/use in the UK during 2010 to provide CRD of HSE with details of all human health related reports or enquiries & Resistance Reporting involving their products, which were received from users or any other source during last year.
- Combined toxicity risk assessments for birds and mammals
16 June 2011: The purpose of this Regulatory Update is to highlight the need for assessment of the risks from combined exposure to a single product containing more than one active substance.
- Commenting on applications as a consequence of Regulation (EC) 1107/2009 and confirmation that CRD will not evaluate products for which an authorisation has not been requested in the UK
14 June 2011: This Regulatory Update gives information about the legal requirement under (EC) 1107/2009 to allow for commenting on all applications submitted after 14 June 2011, and how UK procedures will be amended to fulfil this requirement.
- Changes to data protection and data sharing as a consequence of Regulation (EC) 1107/2009
14 June 2011: The purpose of this Regulatory Update is to outline the new data protection and data sharing procedures which will apply from 14 June 2011 under Regulation (EC) 1107/2009.
- Changes to the authorisation template as a consequence of Regulation (EC) 1107/2009 and changes to the documentation you are required to submit
14 June 2011: This Regulatory Update gives information about the legal requirements of Regulation (EC) 1107/2009 relating to the content of authorisations which require the inclusion of a classification of the plant protection product.
- One day Seminar on MRLs: Current and Future Challenges for Authorisation, Risk Assessment and Risk Management
10 June 2011: CRD will be holding a one-day seminar in York on Thursday 22 September 2011 which will provide an overview of current and future issues relating to residue levels in food. The event will focus on Maximum Residue Levels (MRLs) and the associated risk assessment and risk management aspects.
- New UK Enforcement and Fees and Charges Regulations
09 June 2011: New Enforcement and Fees and Charges Regulations are due to come into operation shortly as part of the package of legislation being introduced to implement the EU’s Thematic Strategy for Pesticides.
- Update on a recent R&D project to assess the availability of seed on the soil surface after drilling: Implications for regulatory risk assessment
24 May 2011: The Final Report of a research project to investigate seed availability on the soil surface after drilling for a range of arable crops has been published on the Defra website and the regulatory implications of this research have been considered by CRD.
- Joint DE - UK proposal for a regulatory definition of an endocrine disruptor in relation to human health
18 May 2011: The UK and German regulatory authorities have developed this proposal for the criteria used to identify endocrine disrupters of very high concern, which can be regulated within the provisions of the new EU Plant Protection Products (PPP) Regulation (1107/2009), the proposed draft Biocidal Products Regulation and REACH (1907/2006).
- A Leicestershire farmer and his son fined over £3,000 for Wildlife and Pesticides Offences
17 May 2011: On the 21 April 2011 at Market Harborough Magistrates Court following proceedings taken by Leicestershire Police, Ivan Peter Crane of Astley Grange Farm, East Loughton, was fined £2000 for storing illegal pesticides and a further £1000 for use of a spring trap to kill wild birds. Mr Crane’s son, Ivan Mark Crane, was fined £500 for a related offence.
- CRD Events for 2011/12
12 May 2011: The Chemicals Regulation Directorate (CRD) is pleased to announce the Conference and Events programme for 2011/2012.
- Official Recognition Workshop - Autumn 2011
10 May 2011: CRD intends to hold a one-day workshop on the UK Official Recognition scheme at our York site sometime between November and December 2011. Registrations of interest and suggestions for possible discussion topics are invited by 31 May 2011.
- Q(SAR) analysis reports: submissions for technical equivalence under 91/414/EEC
26 April 2011: This Regulatory Update outlines information which must be included in (Quantitative) structure-activity relationships (Q(SAR)) analyses reports which are submitted to CRD during applications for technical equivalence under 91/414/EEC.
- Release of new version of HardSPEC
26 April 2011: The ‘HardSPEC’ model is used by CRD for calculating predicted environmental concentrations in surface water for use in ecotoxicological risk assessments of pesticides. The HardSPEC model development team has developed two new modules, a railway scenario and a home garden module, which widen the scope of the model.
- Changes to procedures for plant protection products as a consequence of Regulation (EC) 1107/2009
15 April 2011: This Update outlines the changes to on-label (zonal authorisations and mutual recognition), off-label (extension of use) and parallel trade applications from 14 June 2011 as a result of Regulation (EC) 1107/2009. Details of the implementation of the transitional measures with respect to UK product authorisations and the changes in revocation procedures under this regulation are also included.
- AIR 2 Project: Renewal of the Inclusion of Active Substances in Annex I to Council Directive 91/414/EEC
07 April 2011: This Update covers Directive 2010/77/EU amending Council Directive 91/414/EEC regarding expiry dates for the inclusion in Annex I of 31 active substances whose inclusions originally expired in 2011 or 2012; and Commission Regulation (EU) No 1141/2010 laying down the procedure for renewal of the inclusion of these substances in Annex I to 91/414/EEC.
- EU Pesticides Package – Status of Implementation in the UK
07 April 2011: This Update give information about progress and planning for the implementation of the legislation included in the EU Pesticides Package (EU Thematic Strategy)
- Annex I inclusions and re-registration requirements: April 2011
05 April 2011: This Regulatory Update announces the Re-registration requirements following further Annex I Inclusion Decisions and gives details of various documents relating to other active substances which are now available
- Draft Reasoned Opinions issued as part of review of existing MRLs under Article 12 of Regulation 396/2005
30 June 2011: This webpage provides details of draft Reasoned Opinions issued as a part of the review of existing EU Maximum Residue Levels (MRLs) under Article 12 of Regulation 396/2005/EC
- SCoFCAH Agenda and Summary Reports 2011
23 June 2011: Agendas and Summary Reports for the meetings of the Standing Committee on the Food Chain and Animal Health in 2011 can be found on this page.
- Potential and Agreed Changes to MRLs
14 June 2011: Our web page concerning proposals for MRLs (under discussion or pending publication) and published regulations has been updated.
- Amenity Use Action Plan
08 June 2011: The final report for the 2011 study: "Determining the Usage and Usage Patterns of Amenity Pesticides Across the UK" is now available.
- PRC/VRC 2011 Industry Data Request
19 May 2011: The Annual Request to Industry for Residues Monitoring Information.
- FAQ on Regulation 396/2005
03 February 2011: We have recently updated our webpage on Frequently Asked Questions relating to Regulation 396/2005.