You are in: Home » Home Page
Welcome to the Chemicals Regulation Directorate Website
Website by Topic
CRD is also the Competent Authority in the UK for detergents: Detergents home page
8 July 2010: We have created a RSS news feed which allows you to stay up to date with the latest news from CRD. Please follow the link for further information.
Latest Regulatory and Information Updates
- Arrangements for products containing voluntarily withdrawn active substances following a positive opinion for Annex I inclusion
22 March 2011: This Regulatory Update concerns products containing active substances that were voluntarily withdrawn in accordance with Commission Regulation (EC) 1095/2007. It gives advice on which application types CRD will consider following a positive opinion for Annex I inclusion and before entry into force of the inclusion of the voluntary withdrawn active(s).
- Withdrawal of stocks of Acclaim (M 14905)
17 March 2011: Any remaining stocks of Acclaim (MAPP 14905) should not be used. Unused product and used product containers should be returned to your supplier as soon as possible. Pending return product may continue to be stored until 30 June 2011.
- Regulatory Update - Review of Existing EU Maximum Residue Levels (MRLS) Under Article 12 of Regulation 396/2005/EC
02 March 2011: This Regulatory Update advises Approval Holders on progress with the European Commission’s review of existing MRLs and the part that they can play in the review programme
- Consultation on Plant Protection Products Legislation 2011
1 March 2011: Consultation seeking views on two sets of Draft Regulations concerning plant protection products and fees and charges for associated work.
- Notification of additional active substances prohibited from use under the Long Term Arrangements for Extension of Use
22 February 2011: This Regulatory Update gives information about a new restriction which has been added to the LTAEU prohibiting the use of products containing a group of actives substances.
- Requirements for Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for co-formulants in pesticide products
22 February 2011: This Regulatory Update provides advice on criteria for material safety data sheets on co-formulants
- Updated Procedures for Voluntary Re-Registration Work-Sharing in the UK
17 February 2011: Regulatory Update to outline procedures for voluntary re-registration work-sharing in the UK.
- Update on Nicotine Residues in Wild Mushrooms
17 February 2011: Information Update on residues found above the default MRL set for nicotine in wild mushrooms.
- Regulatory Update: Clopyralid – label amendments for amateur products
17 February 2011: This Regulatory Update gives a summary of considerations of clopyralid after a review by WRAP (Waste and Resources Action Programme).
- Re-registration Requirements Following Further Annex I Inclusion Decisions: February 2011
15 February 2011: This Regulatory Update announces the Re-registration requirements following further Annex I Inclusion Decisions and gives details of various documents relating to other active substances which are now available.
- Potential and Agreed Changes to MRLs
29 March 2011: Our web page concerning proposals for MRLs (under discussion or pending publication) and published regulations has been updated.
- FAQ on Regulation 396/2005
03 February 2011: We have recently updated our webpage on Frequently Asked Questions relating to Regulation 396/2005.
- SCoFCAH Agenda and Summary Reports 2011
02 February 2011: Agendas and Summary Reports for the meetings of the Standing Committee on the Food Chain and Animal Health in 2011 can be found on this page.
- 2010 WIIS Quarterly reports
11January 2010: An updated spreadsheet of quarterly reports of pesticide poisoning of animals for 2008-2010 is now available
17 December 2010: The latest issue of the RADAR newsletter, which provides information about pesticide related Research and Development projects, is now available.
- Pesticides Usage Survey
02 November 2010: An opportunity to tender for the pesticides usage survey from 2011 is available