Contacting us

There is a comprehensive range of material and support available on this website. If you need advice about a specific issue we suggest that you first look at the section Charity requirements and guidance. All our guidance and other resources are available free of charge for you to download and use.

If you need to file documents with us or you need our permission for something, please look at our Manage your Charity section as this contains a range of online services that are easy and quick to use. We will be adding more online services regularly.

If you cannot see the information that you need then you should look at our frequently asked questions. Here you will find the answers to over 400 different issues that are most commonly raised with us. Most customers find their enquiries can be easily resolved this way.

If you have done this but find that you still need to contact the Commission about a particular charity, please give us as much information as you can, including its name and registration number (see the Register of Charities).


The best way to contact us is by email.  You can send us scanned documents this way too. We will normally accept scanned copies of documents and will not require originals to be posted in.


If you need to speak to someone over the phone you can call our contact centre on 0845 300 0218.
Lines are open from 08:00 to 18:00, Monday to Friday, except national holidays.

If you want to speak to us in a language other than English, our telephone interpreting service covers over 150 languages. Just tell us which language you wish to speak and we will arrange for an interpreter.


We offer a textphone service for hearing and speech impaired callers - call 0845 300 0219. If you have not used the service before you should read our textphone information and instructions.


Email is the easiest, cheapest and quickest way for you to contact us. We ask you if at all possible not to write to the Commission, but to email us instead. It will take you on average four times longer to receive a response from us to a letter than to an email. If you are unable to use email you can find our postal address here.

© Crown Copyright

© 2010 Crown Copyright          Copyright Notice, Disclaimer and Privacy Statement