Published this week

Search by postcode

See inspection reports on providers or institutions where you live:

Inspection Reports

Find a specific provider



Childcare The childcare registration page has further information on the different types of childcare provider that we regulate and inspect. We have changed our policy on publishing complaints information about registered childcare so that parents have up-to-date relevant information to help them make childcare choices. We now publish information on complaints made about registered providers on our website on the same pages as other information we publish about them. We only publish complaint information where we, or the provider, took action to meet the requirements of registration. Some historic information about complaints may be available in the provider’s previous inspection reports. For further information please visit the childcare complaints commitment page.

Social care Includes independent adoption and fostering agencies, adoption support agencies, children's homes and residential family centres. Local authority adoption and fostering services are also listed under 'Children's services by local authority'.

Care boarding schools 

Care in residential special schools 

Care in residential colleges See also 'Further education colleges' for our reports on the education and training provided in these establishments.

Children's and local services by local authority Includes children's services ratings, performance profiles, unannounced inspections, safeguarding and looked after children inspections, annual performance assessments, joint area reviews, youth service inspection reports, Tellus2 reports, adoption and fostering services, and other authority-wide reports.


Nursery and primary education 

Secondary education 

Independent education Includes primary and secondary education, and special schools.

Special schools All of our reports on special primary and secondary schools, whether independent or state-funded.

Service children's education Schools for children of the armed forces living overseas.

Pupil referral units 

Learning and skills

Further education colleges and sixth-form centres 

Teacher Training 

Adult Learning Includes European Social Fund provision, Next-step, Work-based learning, learndirect, Adult and community learning, Jobcentre Plus, Special colleges and Judical services.