Child Trust Fund Statistics
The Child Trust Fund (CTF) accounts are opened with the voucher from the government. The first vouchers were issued in January 2005. The quarterly statistics report the number of vouchers issued in the stated period and how many of those vouchers have been used by parents to open an account to date together with the respective percentage. The information on the tables below is derived from the number of accounts opened as reported by providers to HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC).
Most providers operate a 'cooling off' period of between 14 and 31 days when first presented with CTF voucher; during this period the account cannot be reported as opened to HMRC. This means that the number of accounts opened is always less than the number of vouchers already presented to providers and awaiting the end of the cooling off period.
Parents have one year to open an account from the date the voucher is issued. Parents can choose to open their child's account in one of the three types designed for the CTF scheme, a stakeholder or non-stakeholder, the latter can be opened as either a shares or cash account. Further information can be found by visiting the Child Trust Fund website (opens new window). If they do not open an account within a year HMRC will arrange for a Revenue Allocated Account to be opened for the child, this will be a stakeholder account. HMRC rotates through a list of CTF provides who accept and open accounts for children whose parents do not use the voucher before its expiry date.
- March 2010 (PDF 11K) , March 2010(XLS 22K)
- January 2010 (PDF 21K) , January 2010(XLS 24K)
- September 2009 (PDF 17K) , September 2009(XLS 24K)
- June 2009 (PDF 16K) , June 2009(XLS 21K) (Revised)
- March 2009 (PDF 33K) , March 2009(XLS 24K)
- January 2009 (PDF 23K) , January 2009(XLS 23K)
- September 2008 (PDF 15K) , September 2008(XLS 37K)
- June 2008 (PDF 35K) ,June 2008 XLS 39K)
- March 2008 (PDF 27K), March 2008(XLS 21K)
- January 2008 (PDF 21K) , January 2008(XLS 23K)
- September 2007 (PDF 11K) ,September 2007(XLS 23K)
- June 2007 (PDF 11K), June 2007(XLS 22K)
- March 2007 (PDF 11K), March 2007(XLS 23K)
- January 2007 (PDF 11KB), January 2007 (XLS 24KB)
- September 2006 (PDF 12K), September 2006 (XLS 23K)
- May 2006 (PDF 6K), May 2006 (XLS 22K)