Invent: Terms and conditions
Use of Crown Copyright: Unless otherwise indicated, the Content shall be protected by Crown Copyright and you shall have a personal non-transferable right to download to file or printer such Content for the purpose of non-commercial private personal study and research only. Use of the Content for any other purpose shall be subject to licence available from the Met Office. Where it is indicated that the Content is owned by or licensed to the Met Office by a third party, any proposed use of such Content shall be subject to authorisation by such third party. Licences and further information can be obtained from the Met Office IPR Officer, Met Office, Fitzroy Road, Exeter, Devon EX1 3PB, email email@example.com
Your Contributions: There are many opportunities within the Site for you to actively participate. In the process of doing so, you may provide certain comments, suggestions, data (including personal data), or other information to the Met Office (collectively "Information"). You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for any Information that you choose to disclose and make publicly accessible via the Site, and that under no circumstances will the Met Office be liable in any way for the disclosure and public accessibility of such Information. You acknowledge that any Information posted to publicly accessible areas may remain publicly accessible indefinitely. In consideration of your continuing use of the Site, the Met Office shall be entitled, without further obligation, to retain, disclose or otherwise use the Information for any purpose. Also, in consideration of your continuing use of the Site, you hereby assign all your interest in intellectual property rights in such Information to the Met Office (on behalf of the Controller of HMSO and Queen's Printer), as a continuing obligation, with full title guarantee for the full duration of such rights, wherever in the world enforceable. You shall execute all documents and assignments and do all such things necessary to ensure that the Met Office is able to enjoy the benefits of the rights under this condition. You shall refrain from any action prejudicial to the subsistence of the intellectual property rights in the Information and from any action prejudicial to the assignment pursuant to this condition.
Disclaimer: The services provided as part of the Site are experimental and have not been tested or verified. The Met Office does not consider any Content on the Site to be representative of its weather information. You should not make any weather-related decisions based on the Content of the Site. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE MET OFFICE EXCLUDES ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS (EXPRESS OR IMPLIED) IN RESPECT OF THE CONTENT.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW THE MET OFFICE HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR LOSS, INJURY OR DAMAGE (DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR SPECIAL) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THE SITE INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY AND ALL LIABILITY:
7.1 RELATING TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, SUITABILITY, QUALITY, OWNERSHIP, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OPERATION, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR PURPOSE OF THE CONTENT;
7.2 RELATING TO ITS WORK PROCURING, COMPILING, INTERPRETING, EDITING, REPORTING AND PUBLISHING THE CONTENT;
7.3 RELATING TO ANY INTERRUPTION, FAILURE OR CESSATION OF OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION;
7.4 RESULTING FROM ANY ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE;
7.5 RESULTING FROM RELIANCE UPON, OPERATION OF, USE OF OR ACTIONS OR DECISIONS MADE ON THE BASIS OF, ANY FACTS, OPINIONS, IDEAS, INSTRUCTIONS, METHODS, OR PROCEDURES SET OUT ON THIS SITE;
7.6 ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE MISUSE OF OR INAPPROPRIATE RELIANCE ON THE CONTENT; AND
7.7 RESULTING FROM ANY VIRUS, WORM, TROJAN, TIME-BOMBS, KEYSTROKE LOGGERS, SPYWARE, ADWARE OR ANY OTHER KIND OF MALWARE OR CONTAMINATION OF COMPUTING EQUIPMENT.
YOU SHOULD CARRY OUT YOUR OWN EVALUATION / VERIFICATION EXERCISE BEFORE CHOOSING TO RELY UPON ANY OF THE CONTENT IN ANY WAY.
THIS DOES NOT AFFECT THE MET OFFICE'S LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY ARISING FROM THE MET OFFICE'S NEGLIGENCE, NOR THE MET OFFICE'S LIABILITY FOR FRAUD OR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION, NOR ANY OTHER LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
- Operation of the Site: The Met Office aims to update the Site regularly, and may change the Content at any time. The Met Office shall be entitled at its sole discretion at any time without notice to modify, interrupt or terminate the operation of or access to the Site or any part of the Site. Any of the material on the Site may be out of date at any given time, and the Met Office is under no obligation to update any such material.
- Indemnity: You shall indemnify and keep indemnified the Met Office and its officers, directors, employees and other representatives from and against any and all losses, liabilities, damages, compensation, awards, costs (including legal costs), charges, fines, penalties, expenses, actions, proceedings, claims and demands which the Met Office may suffer or incur as a result of or in connection with your use of the Site.
- Waiver: No failure or delay by the Met Office to exercise any right, power or remedy will operate as a waiver of any of them nor will any partial exercise preclude any further exercise of the same or some other right, power or remedy.
- Freedom of Information: The Met Office has obligations under law including the Freedom of Information legislation to disclose information including confidential information held by us. The Met Office will always endeavour to consult with you before making a decision to disclose confidential information held by us.
- Your concerns: If you have any concerns about material which appears on the Site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date last amended: 02 November 2009