The Shipman Inquiry
The Shipman Inquiry published its final report on 27 January 2005 and was decommissioned at Easter 2005.
Any enquiries regarding the work of The Shipman Inquiry should be directed to the Inquiries and Investigations Unit at the
Department of Health. See the Questions & Answers
section for full details.
This page explains what the website contains and how to find your way around it, using the main menu on the left.
To access the Reports of the Inquiry, click here.
List of Issues
- How the Inquiry was established.
- The Inquiry team.
- Interested Parties accredited by the Inquiry.
- Chronology of the Shipman case.
- Ministerial statements.
- Terms of Reference.
- Opening Statement by Dame Janet Smith DBE, Chairman of the Inquiry.
- Transcripts of Procedural Meetings
- The Phases under which the Inquiry was conducted and what was considered in each Phase.
- Previously recorded media information, witness schedules, transcripts, statements and documents.
- A list of individual cases that have been considered by the Inquiry.
- Documents and witness statements relevant to Phase 2 of the Inquiry.
Transcripts for Phase 2 can be found under Archive
- Generic information and evidence relevant to both Phases of the Inquiry.
- Transcript of Shipman's criminal trial in 1999-2000.
- First Report on Phase 1 of the Inquiry
- Second Report on Stage 1, Phase 2 of the Inquiry
- Third Report on Stage 2, Phase 2 of the Inquiry
- Fourth Report on Stage 3, Phase 2 of the Inquiry
- Fifth Report on Stage 4, Phase 2 of the Inquiry
- Sixth Report
Questions & Answers
- Details of rulings made by the Chairman during the course of the Inquiry.
- Includes information on the Inquiry and its Reports.
- Keyword search facility across the website.
- Guidance on technical issues relating to this website.
Important note on downloading:
- Some documents are extremely large and may take time to download.
- You should wait until the entire document has downloaded before trying to scroll down the page or pages. The coloured bar at the bottom of the screen indicates progress in downloading.
Published by The Shipman Inquiry
© Crown Copyright 2001