Welcome to the Chemicals Regulation Directorate Website
Website by Topic
CRD is also the Competent Authority in the UK for detergents: Detergents home page
9 June 2009:The Business Plan setting out CRD's aims, objectives and targets for 3 year period 2009/2012 has now been published and is available on our website.
Latest Regulatory and Information Updates
- Updated version of Environmental Fate Exposure Model ‘HardSPEC’ available
09 June 2009: This Regulatory Update gives information on an updated version of the Environmental Fate Exposure Model ‘HardSPEC’ which is now available.
- Regulatory Update on Labelling Issues: CHIP 4
9 June 2009. This Regulatory Update provides information about recent developments affecting classification and labelling
- Nicotine Residues in Wild Mushrooms
27 May 2009: This Information Update states that Nicotine has been found by the food industry in dried wild mushrooms at levels that exceed the default Maximum Residue Level ( MRL ) for pesticides set under EC Regulation 396/2005.
- Environmental Fate & Behaviour Workshop Thursday 16th July 2009
21 May 2009: This Information Update announces that a limited number of places are still available for a workshop on the compilation of environmental fate and behaviour submissions on Thursday 16 July 2009.
- Napropamide products return to the market by order of the European Court of First Instance
14 May 2009: This Regulatory Update reports that the European Court of First Instance orders that the non-inclusion Decision for napropamide products is temporarily suspended.
- Clarification of latest time of receipt of applications to be considered at the Registration Branch sift
14 May 2009: This Update announces the Clarification of latest time of receipt of applications to be considered at the Registration Branch sift
- Revoked Products: Positive and Convenience Tank-Mixtures and Sequences
30 April 2009: This Regulatory Update will clarify CRD’s requirements for companies to ensure that product labels take into account the approval status of any other product referred to either as positive or convenience tank-mixture partners or in sequence statements
- New approvals for some uses that were revoked as a result of new MRLs in EC Regulation 396/2005
29 April 2009: A follow up to regulatory Updates 22/2008 and 28/2008 which gave details of the uses revoked following the introduction of the new MRLs regime under EC Regulation 396/2005. Several uses have now been re-instated thus creating the need for a new Regulatory update.
- One day conference on changes in Plant Protection Product Regulation and the Sustainable Use Directive – Wednesday 30 September 2009
7 April 2009: This Information Update announces that the Chemicals Regulation Directorate ( CRD ) is proposing to host a one-day conference on the new Plant Protection Product Regulation and the Sustainable Use Directive to be held in York on Wednesday 30 September 2009.
- CAIP Meeting Minutes 7 May 2009
4 June 2009: the minutes of the Campaign Against Illegal Poisoning (CAIP) stakeholder meeting on 7 May 2009 are now available.
- Pesticides Forum Home
29 April 2009: The Pesticides Forum has published its latest Annual Report.
- 2008 WIIS Quarterly Reports
8 April 2009: A spreadsheet of quarterly reports of pesticide poisoning of animals for all of 2008 is now available.
- Pest, Disease and Weed Incidence Information
23 March 2009: The 2008 ADAS report on the incidence of pests, weeds and diseases in a broad range of cropping situations is now available.
- Weed Resistance Action Group: Home
13 March 2009: Broad-leaved weed resistance review (part PS2709) - A copy of the review and a leaflet, targeted at the amenity weed control sector, are now available.