25 June, 2009


Relocation Allowances

If, when drafted/appointed, the Service person chooses to move house (over 50 miles from their current home to a home at their new duty station) he/she may be eligible for Disturbance Allowance and for a contractor to undertake the house move for them at public expense or to store belongings. 

There are also certain circumstances when he/she is also eligible for a refund of legal expenses incurred in a house move or when letting a previous Residence at Work Address (RWA).  Service personnel can get details of eligibility and entitlements from their Unit Personnel Office or from their Ship’s Office onboard. 

The various allowances are listed below:

a.   Disturbance Allowance (DA)      

b.   Movement and Storage of Personal Effects   

c.   Insurance Allowance (IA)     

d.   Final Tour of Duty (FTOD)     

e.   Refund of Legal Expenses (RLE)    

f.    Evacuation from a Permanent Assignment Station Overseas  

g.   House Moves on Security Grounds (Northern Ireland) (HMSG (NI))  

Back to Allowances Index


Royal Marines
Royal Fleet Auxiliary
Naval Families Federation
HIVE Information Service
Navy News
BFBS Digital Radio
Help for Heroes
Defence Discount Directory
SSAFA Confidential Support Line

 © Crown Copyright 2008. All rights reserved. Contact Webmaster | Website Help | Privacy and Accessibility