25 June, 2009


Advice / Helpdesk

Please contact the Helpdesk if you have an enquiry about the wider support provided to service personnel and their families. The Help Desk team have a wealth of experience and knowledge and will endeavour to provide you with an answer at the earliest opportunity.

Before sending us your question...Please have a look at our  Frequently Asked Questions page or search for the information you require by typing in your keywords in the ' Search Engine' (located on the right of the utilities bar).

If you are looking for information about a career in the Royal Navy or Royal Marines, service records, pensions or medals, or just trying to locate someone you served with, please use the following links:

Careers Information
If you are interested in joining the Royal Navy or Royal Marines or or call the General Enquiry Line 08456 075555.

More Information: Careers Information

Service Complaints Commissioner
The Service Complaints Commissioner provides independent oversight of the Service complaints systems, and also acts as an alternative point of contact for Service personnel to raise concerns.

Web Site: Service Complaints Commissioner

Service Records & Medals
How to obtain service records or medals.

More Information: Service Records & Medals

General Information about the Royal Navy
A general list of useful names and addresses for a wide variety of organisations associated with the Royal Navy.

More Information: Sources of RN Information

Contacting old shipmates or ex-service colleagues
We are not able to assist with tracing serving or ex-serving personnel. Recommended website below:

Web Site: Navy News

Website Technical Problems
Contact the Web Services Team if you have a registration/account enquiry or have a found a technical problem with the website such as a broken link or out of date/inaccurate content.

More Information: Contact the Webmaster

Help Desk Enquiry Form

info Ask your question here

Important! Do you need to contact someone URGENTLY in the Royal Navy or Royal Marines?

Out of working hours urgent enquiries are normally dealt with by the Officer of the Watch / Duty Naval Base Officer of the main shore establishment who will pass information to the Duty NPFS staff member to action as necessary. Where YOU live (if you are the Next of Kin) decides which NPFS office can help you. If you are still not sure, call any one of them and they will tell you!

info More Information: NPFS & RMW Area Map and Contact Numbers

Updated: 21 Jan 09


Royal Marines
Royal Fleet Auxiliary
Naval Families Federation
HIVE Information Service
Navy News
BFBS Digital Radio
Help for Heroes
Defence Discount Directory
SSAFA Confidential Support Line

 © Crown Copyright 2008. All rights reserved. Contact Webmaster | Website Help | Privacy and Accessibility