25 June, 2009


Schooling and Moving

child and teacherMoving frequently can be very disruptive, especially for children who must not only leave their friends, but also move to a new school. This can be difficult for a number of reasons ranging from differences in curriculum to finding the right school for children with special needs. Whether you have decided to send your child(ren) to boarding school, or for them to receive schooling in the local area, it is always advisable to start researching as soon as possible as this will give you more time to deal with any problems that may arise.

CEAS logo

Education in the UK
Once you know you are moving you will obviously want to find out details of the best schools in the area. Making the right choice for you and your child will involve a lot of research and planning. There will be a number of important pieces of information you will wish to know in addition to the school location, such as curriculum and current performance.

The Children's Education Advisory Service (CEAS) can provide information, advice and support relating to admissions to UK schools. CEAS can advise on matters relating to children with special needs and provide assistance with admission appeals should you be unable to get your child into the school of your choice.

Phone Icon Phone: 01980 618244

Email E-mail: enquiries@ceas.detsa.co.uk

info More Information: Education - School Admissions and Appeals

Children's Education Advisory Service
Trenchard Lines

Overseas Schooling

Service Children's Education (SCE)
If you are moving overseas Service Children's Education provides a system of schools and educational support. They deliver education in accordance with the National Curriculum (England and Wales) and the schools are supported by Child Guidance and Careers Guidance services.

SCE is able to advise personnel serving overseas on their children's education. If you expect a foreign posting or if you feel concerned about how Service life is affecting your child's education, contact SCE.

Phone Icon Phone: 01980 618244

Email E-mail: mod.sce.uk@gtnet.gov.uk

website Web site: Service Children's Education

HQ Service Childrens Education
BFPO 40 SCE (UK) Trenchard Lines
Pewsey Wilts

The Parentscentre
The Parent Centre is for all parents and carers who want to help their child or children to learn. It is here to offer you support, information and advice about your child's learning and the English education system.

website Web site: Parentscentre

website Web site: National Curriculum Online

Parentzone Scotland
Parentzone helps parents to get involved in their children's education. You can find information on education in Scotland and advice on supporting your own child's learning.

website Web site: Parentzone Scotland

Education Advice
The Advisory Centre for Education (ACE) is an independent advice centre for parents, offering information about state education in England and Wales for 5-16 year olds. The site also details a free telephone advice service on many topics like exclusion from school, bullying, special educational needs and school admission appeals.

website Web site: Advisory Centre for Education (ACE)

Information & Support

info More Information: Education

info More Information: NPFS & RM Welfare

website transparent icon Web Site: HIVE Information Service

Royal Marines
Royal Fleet Auxiliary
Naval Families Federation
HIVE Information Service
Navy News
BFBS Digital Radio
Help for Heroes
Defence Discount Directory
SSAFA Confidential Support Line

 © Crown Copyright 2008. All rights reserved. Contact Webmaster | Website Help | Privacy and Accessibility