18 April, 2009


Benefits whilst Overseas

You and your partner are off overseas. This doesn't necessarily mean you cease being eligible for benefits.

people movingYour Entitlements
Your entitlement to claim benefit will depend on whether your stay abroad is temporary or permanent. You can continue to claim some benefits while you are abroad, some can continue for a certain period as long as your stay abroad is temporary and some will stop straight away. You do need to discuss your circustances with your local social security office (or Jobcentre, depending on your region).

If you or your partner are serving abroad, some of the benefit rules may be different from your 'civilian' counterparts. The Department of Work & Pensions has all the information you may need, including advice on:

  • Maternity Benefits
  • Familiy Benefits
  • Tax Credits
  • Job Seekers Allowance
  • Income Support
  • Housing Benefit
  • Pension Credits
  • ...and many more benefits issues.

website Web site: Dept of Work & Pensions - Index

Navy Support
In addition to any Welfare Benefits you are receiving, you are likely to be entitled to certain Service allowances, such as Disturbance Allowance, to compensate for the upheaval of your family having to relocate abroad.

info More Information: Pay, Allowances & Pensions

info More Information: Relocating - Living Overseas

Services Charities and Funds
If necessary, you may also be entitled to assistance from a Service Charity for additional grants or support. Advice regarding these resources can be sought directly from the charity or through NPFS or RM Welfare.

info More Information: Naval Charities

More Support & Information

info More Information: Relocating

info More Information: Financial / Legal

info More Information: Support Groups & Charities

info More Information: NPFS / RM Welfare

info More Information: RNcom Help Desk

The Department for Work and Pensions

The Department for Work and Pensions
Provides information and guidance in how to claim all types of benefit, including Work Related Benefits.

website Web site: Dept of Work & Pensions - Benefits Advice

Inland Revenue Tax Credit Helpline

Inland Revenue Tax Credit Helpline
For information about the Working Tax Credit and the Child Tax Credit.

website Web site: Inland Revenue

Phone Icon Phone: 0845 300 3900 - Tax Credit Helpline

Royal Marines
Royal Fleet Auxiliary
Naval Families Federation
HIVE Information Service
Navy News
BFBS Digital Radio
Help for Heroes
Defence Discount Directory
 © Crown Copyright 2008. All rights reserved. Contact Webmaster | Website Help | Privacy and Accessibility