Jump to site navigation [j]


Complaints procedures and how to contact us

We're committed to providing you with an efficient and courteous service, but it's inevitable that things go wrong occasionally.

Let us know when this happens so that we can put matters right as soon as possible. Equally, if you have any suggestions about how we might improve our service generally, we will be happy to listen.  

General complaints

Write to:
Home Office
Direct Communications Unit
2 Marsham Street
London SW1P 4DF

Tel: 020 7035 4848
Fax: 020 7035 4745
Minicom: 020 7035 4742
Email: public.enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk


Border and Immigration Agency complaints

See the Complaints page on the Border and Immigration Agency website (new window), which explains which part of the Agency to complain to for which kind of complaint.


Police complaints

There are a number of ways you can complain about the police:

Go to your local police station

You can go to a police station and ask to see a senior police officer. He or she will advise you on how to register your complaint.

Contact the Independent Police Complaints Commission

You can contact the Independent Police Complaints Commission who will contact the police force on your behalf.  

Write to:
Independent Police Complaints Commission
90 High Holborn
London WC1V 6BH

Tel:      08453 002 002
Visit:    www.ipcc.gov.uk

Complain to other organisations

can also contact the following organisations who can all provide information on making a complaint to the police:



Home Office websites