Skip to main content | section navigation
You are in :
  • Universities and colleges

Institutions funded by the Council

HEFCE funds higher education, research and related activities in English higher education institutions and further education colleges as follows:

(Figures correct at August 2008.)

Other UK institutions

Northern Ireland

The universities below receive funding from the Department for Employment and Learning, Northern Ireland.

Queen's University Belfast
University Road
Northern Ireland
tel 028 9024 5133

University of Ulster
University House
Cromore Road
Northern Ireland
BT52 1SA
tel 0870 0400 700


Scottish higher education institutions are funded by the Scottish Funding Council.


Welsh higher education institutions are funded by the Higher Education Funding Council for Wales.

Last updated 1 September 2008