Welcome to the Pesticides Safety Directorate (PSD) website
Website by Topic
PSD is also the Competent Authority in the UK for detergents: Detergents home page
Human Health Incident Survey 2007 - Publication of names of companies who did not reply to our request for information
09 September 2008: Human health incident survey 2007. We are publishing a list of those companies who did not answer our request for information on the number of human health incidents reported to them in 2007.
Latest Regulatory and Information Updates
- Re-Registration Requirements Following Further Annex I Inclusion Decisions
18 September 2008: This Regulatory Update announces Re-Registration Requirements Following Further Annex I Inclusion Decisions
- Aminopyralid - Results of Analysis of Contaminated Manure, Soil, and Damaged Crops
11 September 2008: This Regulatory Update summarises the results from an analysis of crops, manure, and soil following damage to allotment crops believed to be caused by residues of aminopyralid in manure.
- Sulphur residues and Regulation 396/2005
9 September 2008: Sulphur is listed in Annex III of Regulation 396/2005 with a range of temporary MRLs for various crop commodities, including 50 mg/kg for tomatoes. It has come to PSD’s attention that residues above these levels have been found in both treated and control crops of tomatoes.
- New EC Maximum Residue Levels Database
02 September 2008: This Information Update gives details of the new PSD MRLs database which has been produced to coincide with the new EC harmonised MRLs regime.
- Revocation of authorised uses as a result of EC Maximum Residue Levels (MRLs) coming into force under EC Regulation 396/2005
27 August 2008. This Regulatory Update identifies further UK authorised uses that must be revoked following the coming into force of the new EC MRLs regime under EC Regulation 396/2005 on 1 September 2008.
- Revocation of authorised uses as a result of EC MRLs coming into force under EC Reg 396/2005 - AMENDED
27 August 2008: This Regulatory Update, first issued on 24 July identified a number of UK authorised uses that must be revoked following the coming into force of the new EC MRLs regime under EC Regulation 396/2005 on 1 September 2008. It has been amended to note that some approvals are now re-instated.
- MRL Seminar / Workshop
19 August 2008: This Update announces that PSD will be holding another MRL Seminar/Workshop on our site in
Yorkon Thursday 6 November 2008.The aim of the event will be to provide training and updated guidance via a series of presentations and practical workshops.
- EC MRLs Regulation 396/2005/EC: Update August 2008
14 August 2008: This Regulatory Update reports on developments with the EC MRLs Regulation.
- Technical equivalence and analytical methods one-day workshops
14 August 2008: This Update announces that PSD will be holding two identical one-day workshops on technical equivalence and analytical methods on Tuesday 30 September and Wednesday 1 October, 2008.
- Operator, bystander and worker exposure assessment workshops
12 August 2008: This Information Update announces further information about the workshops being held on 20 November 2008 and Tuesday 25 November 2008.
- Arrangements for products containing the voluntarily withdrawn active substances
5 August 2008: This update announces Arrangements for products containing the voluntarily withdrawn active substances
Other PSD news
- IRAG guidelines
26 August 2008: Two IRAG guidelines have been issued
- Human Health Enquiry/Incident Survey for Pesticides (HHEIS) 2007
12 August 2008: This is an amendment to Regulatory Update 11/2008 which was issued on 8 May 2008 and requires Approval Holders of all products approved in the UK during 2007 to provide PSD with details of human health related reports involving their products, received from any source, during that year.
- 2008 WIIS Quarterly Reports
15 July 2008: The Pesticides Poisoning of Animals report Quarter 1 - covering January to March is available now.
- EU Thematic Strategy for Pesticides: News
09 July 2008: PSD has carried out an impact assessment on crop protection in the UK of the ‘cut-off’ criteria and substitution provisions in the proposed Regulation to replace EC 91/414. The latest compromise text of the Slovenian Presidency is now available .
- Annual Report 2007/08 News Release
24 June 2008: We have published our Annual Report & Accounts 2007-08, which details our performance against targets set by ministers.
- CAIP Meeting Minutes 1 May 2008
26 June 2008: The minutes of the Campaign Against Illegal Poisoning meeting on 1 May 2008 are now available.