Contact us

Before you pick up the phone or email us, have you checked out the website? We often receive queries like:Blue telephone against patterned wallpaper


Help for friends and relatives abroad

If you need help because something has happened to a friend or relative abroad contact our Consular Assistance team:

020 7008 1500 (24 hours)


I need help abroad

If you need assistance whilst overseas you should contact the nearest Embassy, Consulate or High Commission.

Travel Advice Public Enquiries

Please note that our travel advice public enquiries team will not be able to provide any advice beyond what is already on the website.  See travel advice by country for detailed, up to date advice for every country in the world.

Travel advice by country phone line: 0845 850 2829 (Mon- Fri 0900-1800)
(BT - 4p per min. Other networks vary)


Birth Deaths and Marriages and Overseas Document Search Service

Phone: 020 7008 0186 (Mon-Thurs: 1000-1200)


Legalisation Office

Phone: 020 7008 1111 (Mon-Fri: 1000-1200 and 1400-1500)

Passports, Nationality Queries and Visas

If you are overseas and require passport services please contact the nearest embassy.

For general passport queries please contact the Identity and Passport Service:

Phone: 0870 521 0410


For nationality queries please contact the Home Office Border and Immigration Agency:

Phone: 0845 010 5200



For all Visa related enquiries and complaints please contact UK Visas:




If you are unhappy with the consular assistance you have received you can make a complaint:


Register with us

Our LOCATE service can help in a crisis

Plane and globe

Lost your passport?

Passport graphic

Find out how we can help